Stray Fawn Community

Autism.

Raybeams

My friend has a little brother who's autistic and he wants to marry me.

Great.

4 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

Okay, Imma say it in white text.

My friend has a little brother who's autistic and he wants to marry me.

Great.

My friend once jokingly said whilst round at my house that if I didn’t know the nian-cat (spelling? Where?) theme I wasn’t her friend anymore. My brother overheard and started wailing because he thought she was talking to her, and he gets super upset about fighting in any type of relationship (He considers her his friend aswell). My friend apologised and he got over it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pebbleheart said:

i recently read a book where the protagonist had a little brother with autism, and went on a trip to france. Genre: YA Romance It's called On the Spectrum by Jennifer Gold

Never heard of it, was it good? :)

3 hours ago, angelheart said:

(the correct term is non-neurotypical FYI :) ) 

I'm Autistic! ^^

Specifically, my form of autism alters my hearing, catching/writing skills (motor co-ordination) and senses (specifically smell and touch). 

For example- imagine you are catching or throwing a ball. Now make this ball go three times faster, and you also don't know where it's coming from; that's about as bad as it might get, haha! ^^' 

My hearing is sharper, but I also find it harder to understand things if they are said to me. Thus, I prefer to read things. 

Some smells or textures can actually cause me mental harm.

~Gross Alert~

Edit: Another thing, which (although not part of my Autism, is linked!) is potentially Pica- which is defined as 'an eating disorder that involves eating items that are not typically thought of as food and that do not contain significant nutritional value'. I, for one, have a habit of eating blood. 

That's it. Now we all know you're a vampire in thinly veiled disguise. That all sounds creepily familiar, though, even if my processing speed matches the input. Too much "depth", not enough energy

• Like 1

FINALLY A SUBJECT I CAN KINDA COMMENT ON JAJEKWEKWKWK

So for a while, I’ve been kinda on-and-off researching autism as a whole and I oddly got interested. I don’t have autism, but my boyfriend does. (I wish he was on the forums aaaa he’s a sweetie). I’m also doing a project based on autism and I’d say it’s going well. That’s as far as I can say before I probably offend someone

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fire Beans said:

A good book on autism ( it might of been of been Asperger’s syndrome actually) is a ‘The Dead Dog In The Nightime.’ Or something like that. 

I've read that book! :D I don't know anyone with autism well but I'd like to know more about it :)

• Like 1

I don’t know anyone with autism in person (Of course I know angelheart but not in person!) and I feel like it would be rude just to ask or assume. So I don’t really have any stories about it, though I did read Rain Reign about an autistic girl name rose! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

I don’t know anyone with autism in person (Of course I know angelheart but not in person!) and I feel like it would be rude just to ask or assume. So I don’t really have any stories about it, though I did read Rain Reign about an autistic girl name rose! 

There's also me. Just you wait, soon this website will be about... uh, scientific facts about nicheling-biology? 

42 minutes ago, randomspacecat said:

There's also me. Just you wait, soon this website will be about... uh, scientific facts about nicheling-biology? 

You are? I never knew 😛

I guess I am so bad at life (not autistic) that I just don’t recognize the signs.

(Apparently people with autism are very smart, they just don’t have a good way of showing it.)

• Like 2

Just now, Aetherskye said:

You are? I never knew 😛

I guess I am so bad at life (not autistic) that I just don’t recognize the signs.

(Apparently people with autism are very smart, they just don’t have a good way of showing it.)

There’s a kid with autism in my grade and he’s wicked smart.

• Like 1

Just now, FlowerMask said:

There’s a kid with autism in my grade and he’s wicked smart.

My book club teacher said an autistic kid is the heir to a big company that her aunt? Friend? Owns or smth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brokenshock said:

The kids in my school make fun of people saying that they have autism or that people are gay/lesbian. My uncle is actually autistic and my other uncle is gay.

Same here! (Except the uncles being gay and autistic part.)

I think if they every came to your class, a big fight would break out. (Two kids in my class joked about being gay. May not be a joke. But one is my crush...)

well, the only person with autism I know is my cousin, but he's so far on my mum's side of the family I've only ever seen him one or two times in my life. I dont even remember his name. from the times I did see him, I remember playing minecraft minigames on his xbox (and he beat my ass at it because I hate playing stuff on consoles with controllers) and another time him, his sisters and i decided to have these jellybeans where there are different colours and each colour can be two different flavours, one good and one so bad that you will probably throw up. we all ate a black one, which can be cola or squid ink.. 

we all got squid ink, and lets just say we were lucky to be in a house with two bathrooms

• Like 1

Guest SilverTheNicheling

Uhhh.. soo.. this should be like the perfect topic for me to comment on.. because I have autism too, but I don’t even know what the f*k to say... I guess I’m just a shy loser ;-;

3 minutes ago, SilverTheNicheling said:

Uhhh.. soo.. this should be like the perfect topic for me to comment on.. because I have autism too, but I don’t even know what the f*k to say... I guess I’m just a shy loser ;-;

*pat*

a shy good loser.

Guest SilverTheNicheling
2 minutes ago, Renio2490 said:

*pat*

a shy good loser.

Thanks. That’s all I can say, I’m so blank today, like an albino Nicheling.. (oh no Silver’s not becoming albino is he?!)

Just now, SilverTheNicheling said:

Thanks. That’s all I can say, I’m so blank today, like an albino Nicheling.. (oh no Silver’s not becoming albino is he?!)

That's okay.

You'll come up with something to say eventually.