Stray Fawn Community

who am i gonna have to throw into the sun

jaxpsylla

19 minutes ago, PlantMask said:

I have a few friends and family that are part of the LGBTQ+ community but I have no idea what sexuality I am because I haven't had a crush either...

I'm straight. Though my crush is taken (I think...)

1 minute ago, randomspacecat said:

My first memory of looking at a person was thinking how disfigured our species might seem to others, and it hasn't changed. I'm basically a naked mole rat, just with a higher chance of cancer. Yay

I have a dog and, yes, it’s abstract, but I wonder what he honestly does think I look like to him. I’d say a deformed dog. Yes, I’m a deformed dog

• Like 1

I have a thing where, for every boy around my age, I either have a crush on them or I'm suspicious that they have a crush on me. Sometimes both... one time a bunch of girls at my school pretty much cornered that one boy everybody has a crush on and were trying to guess who he had a crush on (he was totally okay with it) and when they got to me they were like "hahaha sorry (name)" and it really hurt because I had/have a crush on him. Still suspicious of him, though. 

I've never met anyone who is lgbtq+ or transgender. Probably because everyone I know is a Christian.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PupTheNicheling said:

Who wants to know my boyfriends(Including my current)?

I’d tell about mine but I’m not sure if it’d be rude if I do... also, how the heck did you manage more than one boyfriend?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

I find it sad you’ve had more boyfriends than me and I’m older than you...

'Here lies Goggles-Kun, cause of death: Was so disappointed they hit their head on the keyboard. They will be missed.'

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

I have a thing where, for every boy around my age, I either have a crush on them or I'm suspicious that they have a crush on me. Sometimes both... one time a bunch of girls at my school pretty much cornered that one boy everybody has a crush on and were trying to guess who he had a crush on (he was totally okay with it) and when they got to me they were like "hahaha sorry (name)" and it really hurt because I had/have a crush on him. Still suspicious of him, though. 

I've never met anyone who is lgbtq+ or transgender. Probably because everyone I know is a Christian. 

Odd, I never suspect anyone has a crush on me because im ugly and I have no friends because I don't see a point in hoping or anything

and hopefully you meet one soon, trust me, we're not the spawns of satan :')

literally something that my friend's grandma called me 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Katumai said:

Odd, I never suspect anyone has a crush on me because im ugly and I have no friends because I don't see a point in hoping or anything

and hopefully you meet one soon, trust me, we're not the spawns of satan :')

literally something that my friend's grandma called me 

I'm sure you'll be handsome naked mole rat when you've grown up

1 minute ago, randomspacecat said:

I'm sure you'll be handsome naked mole rat when you've grow up

wow...thanks

I like how you said handsome even though im a girl

5 minutes ago, Katumai said:

wow...thanks

I like how you said handsome even though im a girl

I was kidding. But unless you're missing half your face and then some, you're not going to be ugly. Or even bad looking, if you invest in the right clothing, hair and makeup. You probably look just fine and/or pretty right now

Okay, I'll clarify since I was tagged ^^'':

It was the fact that people were making fun of them instead of asking me to clarify them- as somebody who's seen (and been the target of) prejudice and lgbtq+phobia (especially against trans and disabled folk) , I saw that you guys were being both albeist and transphobic, even if you guys didn't realise. 

It's like how if you saw something weird in somebodies home, then made jokes about it without realising it was of cultural importance to them. 

ive had one boyfriend in my entire life and that's it. I promptly broke up with him after he pissed himself in class (we were all TEN) and he became the laughing stock of the school

(in heindsight that sounds like im being a terrible person, but if I ever see him now he follows me around and annoys me like my 4 year old cousin does so I would've broken up with him anyway)

(its a good job I never see him anymore because we go to different schools now)

2 hours ago, angelheart said:

Okay, I'll clarify since I was tagged ^^'':

It was the fact that people were making fun of them instead of asking me to clarify them- as somebody who's seen (and been the target of) prejudice and lgbtq+phobia (especially against trans and disabled folk) , I saw that you guys were being both albeist and transphobic, even if you guys didn't realise. 

It's like how if you saw something weird in somebodies home, then made jokes about it without realising it was of cultural importance to them. 

Aside from zhe/they/xe... (other neutral-ish/non-standard/or non-binary variants) do people actually use these? I'm asking because I tried to google a comprehensive list with repeating ones and nothing like plant-self really comes up.  Lists have drastically different ones, too. And some trans people really seem to hate them :/

Am I missing a point there and they're supposed to not resemble each other? Or is this more of a mental exercise? 

Just to throw in a little bit of pessism/realism in this: if you are a person that stands out from the mass in any way you'll get weird looks, you might even get people that don't like you because of it and that will say something about it. That is normal. You don't need to be offended straight away and throw an internet rave. People have to get used to weird stuff and some never do. If you are different or if you choose to be different you have to grow a thick skin. Period.

Of course if you are seriously discriminated for whatever reason or seriously attacked (in mind or body) you should do something against it.

That being said being offended usually means you are insecure about yourself. If you are confident in yourself why the heck would you care if anybody used the wrong pronoun? (Especially when people do it on accident). You should always be aware of this and don't assume people mean any ill will by it.

I mean I decided to color my hair blue and I am not crying about the people that look at me funny (almost all people do) or say something about it (usually some 'funny' comments about smurfs, Arielle or Karneval). I either laugh, roll my eyes or ignore them.

You have to be happy with yourself but you can't expect others to be happy with yourself.

I don't care who or what you are. You can be what you like but you can't force people to accept you. The best way to get people to accept you is to accept yourself and be nice and understanding.

I probably offended people with this. Ah well.

42 minutes ago, Thunder Gourd said:

Just to throw in a little bit of pessism/realism in this: if you are a person that stands out from the mass in any way you'll get weird looks, you might even get people that don't like you because of it and that will say something about it. That is normal. You don't need to be offended straight away and throw an internet rave. People have to get used to weird stuff and some never do. If you are different or if you choose to be different you have to grow a thick skin. Period.

Of course if you are seriously discriminated for whatever reason or seriously attacked (in mind or body) you should do something against it.

That being said being offended usually means you are insecure about yourself. If you are confident in yourself why the heck would you care if anybody used the wrong pronoun? (Especially when people do it on accident). You should always be aware of this and don't assume people mean any ill will by it.

I mean I decided to color my hair blue and I am not crying about the people that look at me funny (almost all people do) or say something about it (usually some 'funny' comments about smurfs, Arielle or Karneval). I either laugh, roll my eyes or ignore them.

You have to be happy with yourself but you can't expect others to be happy with yourself.

I don't care who or what you are. You can be what you like but you can't force people to accept you. The best way to get people to accept you is to accept yourself and be nice and understanding.

I probably offended people with this. Ah well.

There's thick skin and then there's "reality control". In other words, there's pain or offending someone, and there's denying their existence. They merge, but they're seperate categories. In extreme forms, imagine victims of narcissists. There's something else going on there than just hurt.

Thick skin helps to a point, but there's more involved than the emotion of "I'm offended/hurt by this". Dysphoria. I guess I might feel that too if I were to lose an arm, and something on the outside moved the internal image of "body" 36 degrees to the right. The problematic part is, that in order to grow a thick skin against that, you'd have to completely ignore the validity of other's perception on a level, which will turn you into an asshole. Thick skin and being accepting-first-to-be-accepted kinda doesn't work out long term. 

What adds to it, is that dysphoria is traumatizing. There's a difference between pain and fear that the bad experience will happen all over again. (E.g. a soldier is not offended by war, or a survivor of domestic abuse offended by violence). Your blue hair won't do that for you, nor would them pointing it out deny that you have hair. I'm not sure if that's helpful to you, but you're mixing up causes and emotions. You can't treat all three of these the same way and expect good results. They each deserve their own strategy, but said strategies are largely incompatible, like with thick skin above.

Think about it. They hear it again and again. Yet, they're still here with even more issues, instead of getting over it, like other people would. There's clearly more to it than offence or this wouldn't be the norm. Still, I'd agree that not every joke is a menace in disguise. Intent really makes a difference...

• Like 1