Stray Fawn Community

What is Warrior Cats?

FawnCat

It is about cats that live in human-like groups to survive and protect their territory from other groups (Clans).
I'm surprised you don't know about this but, to start the series, start with the first arc, Into The Wild.

They are very good books :)
I started loving Warriors and using their fandom far before I started reading the books so

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

On what I remember... it has a lot of strong characters and at times nuanced morality, but there's also your stereotypical evil villains. You would not forget the main cats though, and protagonists are more likeable than not.

The series is at it's best when nothing follows a typical, predictable plotline, and at its worst with filler battles. I personally disliked the whole power of three thing, where cats suddenly developed superpowers. Bluestar's death really made me cry, so you're unlikely to find the scenes themselves boring. It's engaging, but follows questionable plot patterns. Some logical (cat redeems itself by doing whatever they messed up right this time), others again, filler. Much drama, little reason.

It's a great series overall, but that's about everything you might not like without spoilers. So: engaging, long and memorable, but not exactly a learning experience. I haven't met someone who actively dislikes it. The fandom's dead in terms of fan fiction, though. I think there's one good work that fixes a plotline in the books, but it's not even finished. But the books themselves are worth a read, so I suggest you try out Into the Wild and decide from there.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

I need to make a list of all the books in order, there's a lot of supereditions and such that have to be read in a certain place or before a certain book for you to get what's happening (like Firestar's Whatsit should be read before the, um, the arc they most recently finished). But anyways, like the others said, try reading Into the Wild, and you can safely read the other five books after that without needing to divert to a superedition. Hopefully I'll have a list by then, if you do read the books.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

you are missing out

it’s cats in five Clans- ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan and WindClan, and one extra, SkyClan.

There’s also the Tribe OC Rushing Water.

Yeah, basically you should read Dawn of the Clans, then Into the Wild, then the rest

• Paw up 1

‘Warriors’ (or ‘Warrior Cats’, ‘Cats of Warriors’) is basically what every middle schooler obsesses over for about a year or few weeks. Worth a read if you like kittens who can make grown-up decisions, not really so if you want to learn life-lessons... (hell, from what I heard Twigbranch and Violetshine got pregnant even though they were practically TEENAGERS)

Also, the fandom that obsesses over these cats is still going strong today— check out the cool MAPS on YouTube for such 

• Paw up 1