Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit simply said, "OK" and continued following.

Soon they were close enough to see the swamp in the distance even trough the fog. He picked up his pace and started trotting down the hill, but then realised he should probably wait for his companion and slowed down.

Fangs had so many questions. He wanted to ask what it was like and how much their experiences differed. Did they remember anything from before? What daylight or bright colors looked like? The smell of fresh air? Birdsong? The sensation of being alive, actually taking in air to breathe and feel it flow through your body, rather than just for the sake of communicating?

Those were all things that - at least according to what others had told him - new arrivals missed. But his past life was gone. This eternal twilight, the dark sky and the endless dead landscape were all he'd ever known. Even most of the things from before he got lost that had still taken place in this realm he knew only from Guiding having told him. Of course familiar descriptions and situations being brought up over and over again had awaked something, but it wasn't the clear picture it had once been. Perhaps that was why he didn't feel the same urgency to remember his life others did? He didn't know what he was missing out on, and was content with the way things were now.

Did this spirit feel the same way, or was it different for them? How strong a part did time play in what could or could not be recovered? They were clearly recovering faster than he had, which made sense considering they had clearly been here for less time, but did that also affect how much could be recovered?

But his questions had to wait. The spiky spirit was clearly in no condition to answer and even if they were, Fangs wasn't sure they'd be willing to talk about it. He himself had never even told Guiding the full truth of his experience. Right now he had to get this disoriented nicheling safely to an area where there was less of a chance of wandering off. And it wasn't as if being all the way out here made him exactly comfortable either. The idea of slipping back into that void terrified him even more than the thought of Guiding yelling at him.

(Sorry for wall of text, I just really like introspection ^^')

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

((Worms are creatures too and they have spirits like any other animal

(Maybe worms have their own realm of the forgotten? XD)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

She followed her over to the hideout. 

The hideout had a small entrance that could just fit inside a teenage bearyena, which was about the size of an adult nicheling. The hideout was a large half-dome of leaves and thick branches. Not even rain could get in. The inside was massive, half of it was carved. It had a flat floor with smooth stone. The leaves let sunlight through, making green echoes of the sun all over the place, and it was very well lit. It had enough room to fit about 30 nichelings in comfortably and more that could fly. The dome was very tall and looked well-weaved. The top of the dome had a circle of branches and yellow leaves that spilt a yellow light inside. The air was very tranquil inside the dome. The edges of the floor did a rise up to the rest of the dome and the entrance had a ramp with flowers along the side. It was like being asleep in the most beautiful dream possible.

13 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

The hideout had a small entrance that could just fit inside a teenage bearyena, which was about the size of an adult nicheling. The hideout was a large half-dome of leaves and thick branches. Not even rain could get in. The inside was massive, half of it was carved. It had a flat floor with smooth stone. The leaves let sunlight through, making green echoes of the sun all over the place, and it was very well lit. It had enough room to fit about 30 nichelings in comfortably and more that could fly. The dome was very tall and looked well-weaved. The top of the dome had a circle of branches and yellow leaves that spilt a yellow light inside. The air was very tranquil inside the dome. The edges of the floor did a rise up to the rest of the dome and the entrance had a ramp with flowers along the side. It was like being asleep in the most beautiful dream possible.

(im back) 

Her jaw almost dropped. "What!? How did you create such a cool hideout by knocking down random trees!? This is amazing!" She cat-stretched. "I love it!"

4 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

(im back) 

Her jaw almost dropped. "What!? How did you create such a cool hideout by knocking down random trees!? This is amazing!" She cat-stretched. "I love it!"

"Well, when you live a life alone, you learn a few skills.. or well, a third of a life"

1 minute ago, Fox leaf said:

"Say that to my crazy form, and i think she'll make a nice fur coat outta you, just like before!" she said and laughed

She laid down in the den and yawned. "I think I'm gonna get some rest now. Goodnight." 

(i have to go to sleep irl. byeee)

1 hour ago, Liljatonttu said:

Soon they were close enough to see the swamp in the distance even trough the fog. He picked up his pace and started trotting down the hill, but then realised he should probably wait for his companion and slowed down.

Fangs had so many questions. He wanted to ask what it was like and how much their experiences differed. Did they remember anything from before? What daylight or bright colors looked like? The smell of fresh air? Birdsong? The sensation of being alive, actually taking in air to breathe and feel it flow through your body, rather than just for the sake of communicating?

Those were all things that - at least according to what others had told him - new arrivals missed. But his past life was gone. This eternal twilight, the dark sky and the endless dead landscape were all he'd ever known. Even most of the things from before he got lost that had still taken place in this realm he knew only from Guiding having told him. Of course familiar descriptions and situations being brought up over and over again had awaked something, but it wasn't the clear picture it had once been. Perhaps that was why he didn't feel the same urgency to remember his life others did? He didn't know what he was missing out on, and was content with the way things were now.

Did this spirit feel the same way, or was it different for them? How strong a part did time play in what could or could not be recovered? They were clearly recovering faster than he had, which made sense considering they had clearly been here for less time, but did that also affect how much could be recovered?

But his questions had to wait. The spiky spirit was clearly in no condition to answer and even if they were, Fangs wasn't sure they'd be willing to talk about it. He himself had never even told Guiding the full truth of his experience. Right now he had to get this disoriented nicheling safely to an area where there was less of a chance of wandering off. And it wasn't as if being all the way out here made him exactly comfortable either. The idea of slipping back into that void terrified him even more than the thought of Guiding yelling at him.

As they walked down the hill, the spirit looked around. This area was...different than the rest of the place. But was it familiar? And what am I doing here? Why can't I think...why don't I know? And why do I understand so little conversation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liljatonttu said:

(Are you kidding? I love walls of text :) )

• Eek! 1

9 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

As they walked down the hill, the spirit looked around. This area was...different than the rest of the place. But was it familiar? And what am I doing here? Why can't I think...why don't I know? And why do I understand so little conversation? 

He noticed them looking around. They're curious about their surroundings. Good.

Then a less pleasant alternative came to his mind:

Or are they about to wander off?

It didn't seem likely, but just in case it was true, he tried to strike up a conversation again.

"So... What did you two talk about back there?"

2 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

He noticed them looking around. They're curious about their surroundings. Good.

Then a less pleasant alternative came to his mind:

Or are they about to wander off?

It didn't seem likely, but just in case it was true, he tried to strike up a conversation again.

"So... What did you two talk about back there?"

"About birds that steal babies and swimming tails and names." Replied the spirit, "I'd rather like to know what a bird looks like, but all I remember is hearing that they steal babies."

• Like 1

Just now, Chiyanna said:

"About birds that steal babies and swimming tails and names." Replied the spirit, "I'd rather like to know what a bird looks like, but all I remember is hearing that they steal babies."

"I have no idea what they look like either. I think it's come up in a conversation before and someone mentioned the were blue. Unfortunately I don't have much of a grasp on what that's like, either. They must be quite big to be able to carry a baby. What would they even do with one anyways? Teach it to fly?"

2 minutes ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

(is this still open for new people? if so, how do i join : 0 ?)

(Yep!)

On 12/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, Liljatonttu said:

To join, submit a silhouette. Draw one of your nichelings in silhouette form or make a new character for this purpose. Don't reveal which character it is to other players. The idea is that no one remembers anyone. Don't use names, but your nicheling may gain a desription after interacting with others. This description can then be used in the place of a name when referring to the said nicheling.

This rp is always open for new playerskuva.png.cb031d30086117e4301f8359ae73d190.png

(The image part isn't really a requirement anymore as long as you provide a good description)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

"I have no idea what they look like either. I think it's come up in a conversation before and someone mentioned the were blue. Unfortunately I don't have much of a grasp on what that's like, either. They must be quite big to be able to carry a baby. What would they even do with one anyways? Teach it to fly?"

The spirit still didn't quite understand everything that was said, but some of the words that were unknown before now were known, "What are babies anyway? Do you know?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit still didn't quite understand everything that was said, but some of the words that were unknown before now were known, "What are babies anyway? Do you know?"

"They're small nichelings that grow into big ones over time. Weird, I know. Some others claim that even we were babies at some point! I find that a bit hard to believe"

2 minutes ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

(i hope this works?)

a spooky figure that enjoys observing others. the white lines in the image are just there so you can see her better.

image.thumb.png.a400df10ef2d91177910068249a567d8.png

(Works just fine! Welcome to the boring nightmare :D)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Liljatonttu said:

"They're small nichelings that grow into big ones over time. Weird, I know. Some others claim that even we were babies at some point! I find that a bit hard to believe"

"That...that..." the spirit paused, thinking back on the way the shadow with the swimming tail had talked about babies. How it had them, that look in its lights. But though it stirred something in the spirit, it just didn't know.

• Like 1