Stray Fawn Community

A Niche Tournament/Competition of sorts?

Solar-Eclipse

Anyone wanna compete in a niche tournament or competition with me? It's an idea I just randomly came up with one day. Here's some info:

The Basic Goal

Our main goal is to survive for as long as possible and traverse through as many islands as possible.

Some Rules and Stuff

1. A maximum of five people can participate. Sorry.
2. We will be doing this in story mode.
3. Nobody is allowed to use the console under any circumstances! (looking at you, goggles... and myself.)
4. Everyone participating must post updates every so often. If you fail to update for at least a week and a half, I will ask you if something's happening. If you do not reply within two weeks and a half, you will be kicked from the competition. You can appeal the kick to re-enter, but you only get one chance to do this.
5. If you have to go away for some time, please notify me!
6. As soon as we start, nobody else may join to avoid complications.
7. If you are able to get to home island, you automatically become a winner in the competition. If multiple people get to home island, there will be a tiebreaker.
8. If you wish to stop participating, tell me so and I'll let you leave.
9. Do not update here! Make your own topic titled as so: <Your username/screenname here>'s Update Journal - Niche Tournament/Competition

What's the Tiebreaker?

The tiebreaker is simple: if multiple people get to home island, with home island immunity or not, they must do a tiebreaker. In this tiebreaker, the people must start on the deadly hills island in sandbox mode. The people must survive for as long as possible, and the last one to die wins the competition.

How do I join?

Just ask!

List of Participants: 

1 - Kepa-Shanyang (Of course I want to compete in my own competition!)
2 - Skysplash8
3 - Goggles-kun
4 - medicine cat
5 - Basil

One final thing

If we do not fill up all five slots within two weeks, we will begin anyways as long as people are participating. 

Also we have not started yet but we're getting close already owo

With that out of the way...

Let's go!

• Like 3

One very, very important thing:

In story mode, I once had the option to travel to crossing from whale island, directly!

Total time required to get home? 2 hours. And that probably because I like to spend time on some islands...

Other times, I often got into the infamous island loop, which prevents a northern port from spawning, no matter how often you go left or right.

Better watch out for either complication. I am not risking the loop again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

I want to do it! :D So the goal is to reach Home Island, right? (Or whoever survives the longest.)

Yep to both of those! Ultimately you want to get to home island, but the main thing is to survive longer than other people.

2 hours ago, RandomWanderer said:

One very, very important thing:

In story mode, I once had the option to travel to crossing from whale island, directly!

Total time required to get home? 2 hours. And that probably because I like to spend time on some islands...

Other times, I often got into the infamous island loop, which prevents a northern port from spawning, no matter how often you go left or right.

Better watch out for either complication. I am not risking the loop again.

Yeah, you should probably watch out for that. Also, new rule guys, in the competition if you're prompted with the option to go to any island via the whale island port, go to the one right below whale island. No exceptions. We don't cheat here!

12 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

Oh no

I once cheated in wings and flew to Home Island. It was fun.

Also can I join? Sounds fun

Of course you can join. I'll add you and Sky to the participants list. Random, you interested on joining?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, medicine cat said:

hey, i am interested in joining!  i'm not the best player, but i love stuff like this and would love to watch other people's tribes grow as well as my own. ❤️

Alright, welcome to the party! 

29 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Can I be a backup? (If the slots don't get filled in time)

Of course.

• Like 1

Just now, Basil said:

Flies in from the distance

May I join? Also I wont be able to do to much tonight on this challenge cause I totally didn't wait last second to do a 700 word essay 

of course!

and with all five slots filled, the competition can begin! you can all start when you're ready, but try and make sure it's this month.

if anyone has changed their mind, tell me. the competition will still be happening tho

@Goggles-kun

@medicine cat

@Skysplash8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kepa-Shanyang said:

of course!

and with all five slots filled, the competition can begin! you can all start when you're ready, but try and make sure it's this month.

if anyone has changed their mind, tell me. the competition will still be happening tho

@Goggles-kun

@medicine cat

@Skysplash8

Do I include the savefile every time I update? And how often should I update? (Every 25 in-game days, etc) Or just as I go? (Make a post as I play, and post it when I want, then start a reply to the journal and continue in a new post)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Do I include the savefile every time I update? And how often should I update? (Every 25 in-game days, etc) Or just as I go? (Make a post as I play, and post it when I want, then start a reply to the journal and continue in a new post)

You don't have to include the savefile name, no. As for update quantity, I'd say update as you go. But try to do it at least once or twice a week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Kepa-Shanyang 

@medicine cat

@Skysplash8

@Goggles-kun

Would you guys like to make a set date to start this so we can all start fairly? I don't want to accidentally start and for everyone to not be ready, since that would be unfair and it would give me an advantage ^^

In my opinion a set date isn't really necessary? But if you want one, we could all start sometime next week or this week. I just think it isn't necessary since we're simply just trying to keep our tribes alive for as long as possible and while yes, starting sooner could give you an advantage, it's not too big of a deal since who knows, your tribe could get randomly picked off at any moment if you're not careful.

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

I don’t think a set date is necessary either, but maybe next week. We just cleaned the floors and I’m not allowed in the computer room for the next few days :D

Ah, it's fine! Medicine cat, skysplash8, and I have already started our journals though. Maybe I should've thought about this earlier in development >.<

Mine's still in the making. You won't find it until later.

• Like 1

Just a heads up: I might not be able to start this until maybe Tuesday. As I’m typing this, I’m in the car to Reno to visit my cousins, and we might not be home until Monday. And, the computer room is a mess because we just cleaned the carpets. I assure you, though, I will start the challenge!

2 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

Just a heads up: I might not be able to start this until maybe Tuesday. As I’m typing this, I’m in the car to Reno to visit my cousins, and we might not be home until Monday. And, the computer room is a mess because we just cleaned the carpets. I assure you, though, I will start the challenge!

It's fine! I understand that life can bring up a bunch of roadblocks. Take your time, man.