Stray Fawn Community

can i make this a petition? [serious post]

wikipedia [he/him]

1 hour ago, G00gle Translate said:

I honestly don’t care.

Evil Aether is genderfluid and uses any pronouns. Since we have the same account and are physically the same person I don’t care.

call me anything. (Though he/him pronouns may puzzle me when knowing if it’s for me or someone else b/c I am used to she/her.)

Sorry if this question is offensive or seems rude, but do you have split personality? 

1 minute ago, Google übersetzen said:

Sorry if this question is offensive or seems rude, but do you have split personality? 

Most likely.

Haven't gotten a diagnosis yet so I don't want to say for sure.

2 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

Most likely.

Haven't gotten a diagnosis yet so I don't want to say for sure.

((I might be suffering from the same situation. I also have school friends that have multiple personality disorder--))

@wikipedia (angel) I'm totally pro putting pronouns in statuses. However I don't think everyone should be told to do so.
Each person should be able to decide whether or not they care about having their pronouns seen by others.
Maybe there are some people who don't want others to know their gender on the internet, or people that aren't sure about it yet. 
If other people see your status and think ah nice, I want that too, they can do so :)
I usually refer to people as They/Them if I'm not sure how they'd like to be adressed. (Hope I'm doing it right >_<) 

• Like 6

And did I understand the request right: Having a section in the user profile where people can enter their pronouns?
I can look into that, but I'm not sure if we can change the forum software in that way.

• Like 4
  • Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, Philo said:

And did I understand the request right: Having a section in the user profile where people can enter their pronouns?
I can look into that, but I'm not sure if we can change the forum software in that way.

I think you got it right😄 I'm on the boat of I don't really mind what people call me but if it makes them more comfortable to know then I don't mind telling🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

hi, MPD is a slur. the correct term is System

This sounds like a tHREAT :v
am joking but cermet will cry anyway

21 hours ago, Google Kääntäjä said:

Alright, I have it on my profile now. I don't feel comfortable putting it on my member title without there being a separate slot for it (I'd just feel like I was going around screaming "Hey everyone look at meee!" (That's not what I think when I see other people doing it, just what it would feel like to do it myself.)). I don't want to offend anybody, but it's not in the rules and therefore it's my own decision what I do with my membertitle. Hate me if you want, but I don't want to do this just out of peer pressure.

I'm sorry everyone. I just hate being pushed into things against my own will. I get pressured way too easily (and it makes me upset over nothing). And again, this isn't even something the devs told us to do so...

I know this was just to make others more comfortable, but... I feel like whenever it comes to pride stuff, I say something wrong and suddenly I'm the worst enemy of all LGBTQ+ people... I miss the days we could post whatever we wanted without fearing it might upset or offend somebody.

Maybe I should just go. I need to calm down. Maybe I'll just stay out of conversation for a while and focus on art, beta testing, game translation and fun things.

This post got way too long... I'm sorry, I'll just go to draw now.

21 hours ago, Google Kääntäjä said:

I'm sorry. Usually I try to be the comfort person, but right now I'm the one with a problem. No one has even said anything to make me upset, but I can't help but think I'm propably just being unnecessarily difficult...

It's okay if you hate me. I know I'm not the nicest person around. I have my flaws. This is one of them. I find my own path in the grass and do things the hard way. That's the way it's always been.

No! I don't hate you! You're AWESOME! Remember the July First Chick-Fil-A accident? That was a disaster because I said the wrong thing and the entire forums were suddenly against me. But everyone got over it. And nobody even screamed at you and blocked you, and Philo didn't pm you, so you're 100% in the clear.

Like Philo said, I don't think everyone should be forced to put their pronouns in their username/title/bio. If you really care what people call you, you can put them, but if you don't, no worries. Personally, I'm always and forever she/her, but if you called me a dude, then I'd laugh and let them know that I'm a girl, but that it's totally cool if you think I'm a guy. I think it's funny when someone thinks I'm a guy xD

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

If you really care what people call you, you can put them, but if you don't, no worries.

I fully understand what youre both trying to say but in reality, the idea of cis people putting pronouns is to benefit trans people who DO care about their pronouns, so that when they put them they'll feel more comfortable with it and not as though their making a big statement that nobody else does

and like wiki said, some people feel incredibly guilty/uncomfortable misgendering someone by accident

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

hi, MPD is a slur.

I suppose 'disorder' really wouldn't be the right way to say it. It's not as much as a thing that hinders your ability to be a person rather it's a different way of processing things.

5 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

Like Philo said, I don't think everyone should be forced to put their pronouns in their username/title/bio. If you really care what people call you, you can put them, but if you don't, no worries

Yeah, I'm not gonna waste precious letters for a perfect title on something I don't care about. (I mean for myself, not for other. I do care what I call you.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

I fully understand what youre both trying to say but in reality, the idea of cis people putting pronouns is to benefit trans people who DO care about their pronouns, so that when they put them they'll feel more comfortable with it and not as though their making a big statement that nobody else does

and like wiki said, some people feel incredibly guilty/uncomfortable misgendering someone by accident

like Philo, you can just call people they/them.

personally, I can't really understand all of this fully bc I've never, ever met someone LGBTQ+, (likely because I've never really met someone who wasn't, uh, religious.) so I've never had any problems.

anyways, it's basically like when I forget someone's name irl—I avoid saying their name until I can figure it out xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

they/them

I think they/them is like the term replacement for multiple people/genderless/unknown gender.

Since it also is for unknown genders it should be fine?? I've met 1 LGBTQ+ person at a religious camp so... though they weren't religious themselves. but it was pretty straight forward what they went with.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, G00gle Translate said:

I suppose 'disorder' really wouldn't be the right way to say it. It's not as much as a thing that hinders your ability to be a person rather it's a different way of processing things.

then.. thats not even a system??? what?? youve done like 50 different loops and tangled them in a knot here

3 minutes ago, wikipedia (angel) said:

then.. thats not even a system??? what?? youve done like 50 different loops and tangled them in a knot here

Isn't a system a way of processing things?

then again my brain is literally a gigantic mess.

also Feel free to ignore everything I say. Just correct me nicely. I hate offending people. I try to not,

Well, my uncle is pansexual and he used to date a guy who was trans (girl to boy) he preferred the pronouns he/him. And he was the person who taught me to not guess someone's gender and to call them they/them If I don't know they're gender. 

1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

like Philo, you can just call people they/them.

personally, I can't really understand all of this fully bc I've never, ever met someone LGBTQ+, (likely because I've never really met someone who wasn't, uh, religious.) so I've never had any problems.

anyways, it's basically like when I forget someone's name irl—I avoid saying their name until I can figure it out xD

if u are confused, basically what im trying to say is that 

uh

idk heres a made up example

say that nobody put their pronouns anywhere, and one day someone on here decided to come out as trans

because they wouldn't like being referred to by their old pronouns, they put their new one in their bio

and because nobody else put their pronouns in their bio, this trans person feels uncomfortable/ scared about putting them there because they are the "odd one out". hell, maybe some really bad people would harass them for it

so in the end, they could stop putting them there and just go back to being referred to by their old pronouns/ always be uncomfortable with their identity/ scared of being called "weird"

if everyone or at least a lot of people put their pronouns in their bio, trans or not, this person could feel completely comfortable putting their pronouns there because everyone else does it and they wouldn't be the "odd one out" or "weird"

(tl;dr- even if you dont care about people knowing your pronouns/ being misgendered putting ur pronouns in your bio is just.., a nice thing to do for others and will do u literally no harm)

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

ok. can I just put it in my Bio? and just say 'Call me any pronoun, I don't care.' or somthn like that? Or is there a shorter way to say that so I can put in my title?