Stray Fawn Community

Secret Niche Art Santa 2023 (signups closed!)

Modiano Urania

1. Comment below if you'd like to a be a Secret Santa and recipient. With this comment, include a picture of the nicheling you'd like drawn, as well as any info you can give about them (genes, personality, hobbies, differences from photo etc). If you are giving a picture not from the game, please include their official niche genes.
  2. Signups end the 25th of December!
  3. I will use a random generator to pair participants. (I will not be a participant)
  4. I will pm everyone with their recipient's name, nicheling and info.
  5. Everyone makes their art. It can be traditional, digital, pixel, a sculpture, whatever you want; animation, gif, plain, anything! Please try your best with this. The quality of your art style is not to be judged, but please make it just as good or even better than your usual art! Do not sign your art or post it on any platform, including the forums.
  6. Everyone PMs their art to me as soon as they are finished. Art is due by 15th of January If you do not send in your art in time, I will request art from an Emergency Santa to fill the place. You may only post your art AFTER the rest of the art is released on
  7. On or slightly after January 20th, I will post the finished art with the recipient's name (I will not reveal the Santas myself). Everyone may make their guess on who was their Secret Santa. Secret Santas may confirm or deny these guesses. Please wait for your recipient to guess you and then confirm the guess rather than announce that you were so-and-so's santa. If it's been a while and you're not sure who your SS and you made a guess without confirmation, PM me and I'll confirm it for you.
  8. If your recipient has made a correct guess and you confirmed, you may post your art to other places (DeviantArt, Fanart section etc). You may also sign the art. (If you'd like your signed art used instead of the unsigned version if posted elsewhere by other people, just say so.)

Like the last few years, we will have Emergency Santas (ESs). ESs will make art for anyone whose Secret Santa did not finish or submit their art by the 15th. ESs need to be able to quickly make art. This Emergency Art (EA) does not need to be of the same quality of the official art; EA is just so everyone can receive something at the same time. ESs can also be a regular Santa at the same time but are not required to be.

Just ask if you'd like to be an Emergency Santa. They're documented below.

Emergency Santas:

@Modiano Urania @lizardcake @Stranger @Lilytuft

TIPS

-Try out a new style or a style you haven't revealed before. It will be harder to guess the Secret Santas.
-Don't start a big project if you're not 100% you can finish it. Go with something simple to give yourself time to finish and not be rushed.

OTHER

-This is the 6th annual Secret Niche Art Santa!!!
-Check out previous Signups here: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
-Check out previous Art here: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

REMEMBER THIS

-Send in your nicheling submissions by January 15th.
-Start your art as soon as possible once I PM the info.
-Send in our art no later than January 15th.
-If you do not submit your art by then, a volunteer will make art in its place. Save your late art for Jan 20th or later.
-On or near Jan 20th, the art will be released. Make your guesses and make sure to confirm or deny if they're directed to you!
-MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL

As this is my first time hosting the Secret Santa, please tell me if anything should be changed!

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

AAAA /POS

entering with anala since i redesigned her just today!!

she's just kind of a selfish trashcan, hardly ever caring about anyone else's survival but her own.

her genes are normal ears, ram horns, short snout, big body, runner legs (though one is scarred and basically a deformed paw), normal hind legs and swimming tail

also, can i be an emergency santa this year too? :DD

edit: she's from a swamp tribe, so if the person drawing her wants to do a background some kind of wetland would be really cool :]

anala.thumb.png.47794b7a4e6632dd8bbc465f96b636ed.png

Edited by lizardcake
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR 💪

i feel like i always do the same 2 nichelings so im bringing out a new guy! his name is loquat does anyone remember that one seri tribe where she made like a bunch of critters and named them all after fruit yeah so this was like my terrible rip off of that (this was back before i developed a brain) but hes a cool guy either way he saved one of my nichelings from getting totally mauled by a carnivorous plant by just stumbling out of the grass right next to everyone so i could invite him and immediately put his life on the line. really good gameplay.

image.png.12fa1340ab4deb5f50f1c32e57cf8811.png

image.png.69262a54db7d436bc953885ba942c67f.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lizardcake said:

AAAA /POS

entering with anala since i redesigned her just today!!

she's just kind of a selfish trashcan, hardly ever caring about anyone else's survival but her own.

her genes are normal ears, ram horns, short snout, big body, runner legs (though one is scarred and basically a deformed paw), normal hind legs and swimming tail

also, can i be an emergency santa this year too? :DD

edit: she's from a swamp tribe, so if the person drawing her wants to do a background some kind of wetland would be really cool :]

anala.thumb.png.47794b7a4e6632dd8bbc465f96b636ed.png

ims tealing your artsytle btw

EEK! CRITTER!

melon my beloved ❤️ only real ones remember the tako MelonDaNicheling era

her genes are ram horns, big snout, normal ears, normal tail, heat body, normal hind legs, and deformed paw/nimble fingers

shes a little silly and LOVES berries so much :3

IMG_5446.thumb.png.ca26b8cc09d690b8fbf1dfe4b9879311.png

• Like 2
  • Love 3

IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS THANK YOU FOR HOSTING THIS MODIANO ♥️

Neoki is the red girl on the right. She is from my playthrough the deadly isle, and she is the leader of the tribe. She is very kind and wants to do the right thing, but is insecure in her abilities. She is also very clever and capable. (Btw she has weak muscles in her legs so she cant run or anything like that for too long)

(I can be an emergency Santa!)

20230618142034_1.thumb.jpg.0b4613cf6359a5ee3ab1b881f618b2c5.jpg.ea92a7aa062000da90aa66507345a729.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

kinda scared cause i'll have to draw art of someone's character and it'll be shown to everyone- but i'll join!

Butterbear is the goddess of protection in my niche pantheon. She is sweet and kind, but fierce and overprotective when she feels that she or one of her companions is threatened. She hates seeing others suffer, and has killed many bearyenas in her life in order to defend her tribe. Also very skrunkly :3

17021524654694312771072934628756.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i submit mr vankuku!! he is leader of a savanna pack, he likes to hunt, and hes very afraid of foxes (in his world there are savanna foxes) hes also kind of a coward and very immature, not a very good decision maker. only became leader bc his dad + second in command died at the same time LOL

65529917_lSP2ck9DbkmKBJH.thumb.png.3039c8ece775b604555aaff0855a8b66.png

here are his official genes:

image.thumb.png.df0e845d8d722aa32736b7d49ea7e7a2.png

here are some of his family members if, whoever gets vankuku, is interested in drawing them together

his wife:

image.thumb.png.78acf1ebbbf59ea401a5dd2cc7373c97.png

65487642_8SytruFgpHNMQXT.thumb.png.0e5d7d2f9ccaca9248f4a752ac4a6f89.png

their daughter:

image.thumb.png.c8ea36897a12bc7377ff4168c710014e.png

very excited for this year >:D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Might as well! I'll do my best to actually draw something I promise

Don't think I've submitted this boi yet, so here!

Poor bean is anxiety incarnate and needs all the hugs. don't worry, he gets them :3

Vankir.thumb.PNG.5aa8dafabeafa20c4a0e23152826245d.PNG

• Like 4

man im gonna busy with the discord secret santa and this one but heres my son juni!!!! from the hit playthrough who is he

gems are optional but if you do wanna draw them have them be the same color as the scar

art is so so old but i dont draw them a lot so here you go: 

image.thumb.png.14ebcdda532a4be7ef4a741b6cdac7f0.png

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

Finally got around to looking for a nicheling. It's been so long since the last time I played.

As always I've been waiting for this the whole year and can be an emergency santa as well

Karhu here is a descendant of Ossen. She has normal hind legs (with brown socks) and hammer tail. Funny thing is we now have a rat with the same name

image.png.cdb9f08fdee6206fc8bdb626446ae3c5.png.4777d0a285f83a1205a55c016fd49023.png

• Like 5

my paint wont work so i will have to describe them

Her name is Midnight ~ ❤️ ~

Ram horns (grey)

small snout

large ears

large tail

color palette is black with dark grey spots

I'll try to send an image soon

(gem colors are all dark blue!)

• Like 2

aaaaa I almost missed this

it goes by pinch; use of it intentional/reclamatory.

- big body, large overall.
- cracker jaw, which I have as long and...well, pinchy. like a dog-gator.
- bearyena ears
- ambiguous paws/feet, kinda like mild bearyena claws
- fin tail, for swim
- melanistic = black fur/reddish-black pawpads and snout/dark golden yellowy...ambery...that dark color cat eyes get for eyes and gems.
- fur highlights reddish to even pinkish in summer from sun

tl;dr wrestler/weightlifter Vaporeon with dog-gator pinchy snout.

- mute, uses body language-heavy sign language
- looks perpetually done with everything, but that's just the cracker jaw
- actually is more learn all the things and determined. protective of small pups and other vulnerable folks (is studying to be a healer)
- also likes swimming, kelp, and those tiny little spring ephemeral flowers that grow in a tundra climate

artflow_202312241719(transparent).png.8d1c407437066aa3108ab3a6affb2630.pngplants.thumb.png.189e42ddaef5f0dc72ef715b51e76307.png

export202312242309270270.thumb.png.16533d8fdf2ad6b7c7af877ace649e5b.png
(^ this one has the best eye color ^)

testplaybackfileforIbisPain_tX6.thumb.png.52cbaea8cb5e927c44b4e23bfd82c13b.png

also this

boing.gif.9f304c08d7930e00e258f7cb0731c3e8.gif

Edited by Tilly
I found the one with plants.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

• Modiano Urania changed the title to Secret Niche Art Santa 2023 (signups closed!)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 4:19 PM, Box said:

finished finally!

Have you sent it to Mod? He'll be the one distributing the art