Stray Fawn Community

Do I have enough nichelings?

irtarea

Grandar_414.thumb.jpg.7f50fe1b4c53ebf9de443e70c89fbb03.jpg

There's no such thing as too many nichelings... Right? This isn't my first time with a tribe of 45, unfortunately.

It's a side effect of my play style: breed young and often. I think of it as taking the shotgun approach to genetics: lots of babies means more chances of the right babies. But the other reason the population got out of hand was because I haven't been traveling while I camp out waiting for my cold genes to unlock. And in the meantime I (finally) found a friendly bearyena to breed with to unlock those genes... so then there was a side breeding project which created more babies...

And here I am.

I hate to drown healthy nichelings and there are no spiky cacti (my solution the last time I had a population of 45). 

I successfully made it to Home Island with my HII and now I'm on a mission to unlock all the genes in the mutation menu. And, I also decided that it'd be amusing to have a tribe with all of the immunity genes. So I end up at the whims of RNGsus on how many offspring it takes to ensure all of my immunity genes make it to the next generation (I'm up to 10, right now; I had 8 when I got to Home Island). It's been an ongoing struggle since Adam and Eve (only 1/9 babies had B).

But at least there's lots of helping hands and lots of food collecting. I will never have to worry about starving.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

get on my level I once had 65 creatures on the archipelago 

same happened to me, but I had only around 500-600 food. Everyone had double wings and bird beak or cracker jaw

I left the archipelago until things got out of hand

Now that tribe is back up to like 40

• Like 1

Just now, bostonlobstah said:

same happened to me, but I had only around 500-600 food. 

oof

I remember I was trying to get 1000 food but I gave up at like 800 or something

• Like 1

You have a lot of food so it's enough to support your tribe, also your creatures look pretty healthy :) . Personally I prefer to have smaller tribes (10-20) so I can keep track of my creatures and it won't be hard to select creatures to move to a new island. (i remember when i had 50+ creatures on the archipelago 😄)

1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

same happened to me, but I had only around 500-600 food. Everyone had double wings and bird beak or cracker jaw

1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie said:

oof

I remember I was trying to get 1000 food but I gave up at like 800 or something

My 80+ tribe still exists on that same archipelago. I'm not sure about the current tribe size, but I have around 3000 food...

• Like 1

woah woah woah that island is COOL I've never seen an island look like that! I've only ever seen the cold islands have either grass around the edges or none at all! How can it look like that???

also I can't believe anyone with that many days wouldn't have over a thousand nesting material. i always have a ton of it because evryone uses up their turns clearing away grass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skysplash8 said:

woah woah woah that island is COOL I've never seen an island look like that! I've only ever seen the cold islands have either grass around the edges or none at all! How can it look like that???

also I can't believe anyone with that many days wouldn't have over a thousand nesting material. i always have a ton of it because evryone uses up their turns clearing away grass.

that island is the summer mountains. its a hard level island, but it never snows

• Like 1

15 hours ago, irtarea said:

Grandar_414.thumb.jpg.7f50fe1b4c53ebf9de443e70c89fbb03.jpg

There's no such thing as too many nichelings... Right? This isn't my first time with a tribe of 45, unfortunately.

It's a side effect of my play style: breed young and often. I think of it as taking the shotgun approach to genetics: lots of babies means more chances of the right babies. But the other reason the population got out of hand was because I haven't been traveling while I camp out waiting for my cold genes to unlock. And in the meantime I (finally) found a friendly bearyena to breed with to unlock those genes... so then there was a side breeding project which created more babies...

And here I am.

I hate to drown healthy nichelings and there are no spiky cacti (my solution the last time I had a population of 45). 

I successfully made it to Home Island with my HII and now I'm on a mission to unlock all the genes in the mutation menu. And, I also decided that it'd be amusing to have a tribe with all of the immunity genes. So I end up at the whims of RNGsus on how many offspring it takes to ensure all of my immunity genes make it to the next generation (I'm up to 10, right now; I had 8 when I got to Home Island). It's been an ongoing struggle since Adam and Eve (only 1/9 babies had B).

But at least there's lots of helping hands and lots of food collecting. I will never have to worry about starving.

Not enough. YOU NEED MORE BABAS