Stray Fawn Community

Savannah Animal - Zebeeste

Trinket

Please note that this is just a rough idea and does not have to follow everything exactly to a T. I'm not good with balancing out lifespan, food worth and the like, but thought it was something to work with.

I'd love to see some more critters in the savannahs. Both for dinner and for danger.

I think a Zebeeste would be an interesting creature to add to the savannahs. They appear to look like a cross of a Zebra and a Wildebeeste.

The Zebeeste is a herd herbivore. They spawn in numbers 1-4. They live about 30-50 days each. They are worth 10-20 pieces of food each. They have a defense of 1, an attack of 3, and collecting of 1. They attack only in circumstances similar to the walrus deer.

The Zebeeste prefers to graze on regrowing grass.

They are hunted by carnivorous animals seen on the Savannah.

They move each time a nichling moves. The herd moves together in generally the same direction following each other.

Its possible they might try and trample a baby nichling if they're attacked within a tile of a one gemmed nichling.

• Like 2

22 replies to this post

My take on the Zebeeste. I'm really proud of this! :D I'm better at drawing animals from pictures than I am drawing anything else. Unfortunately I couldn't make it digital or color it in, but it's mostly black and white, anyways. It was bigger than I thought it would be so the horns and tail go off the page a bit. I might have misspelled Zebeeste when I wrote it the first time..

ByRwKcsouT1-QQab1PLwapJRcheQ76Zvg61zgXjOwam_8_saYSWPPpQEPF259GmtUwozxVX6w5UUZ6ifkJ6GujzBXxn0Q6IzjzPS-7TkXSHQ5cdusq_mUp-sIqI_C4-ETgPANJJQm7_2gMFKaBj_b7EDIJAuagde5cS60gbWqcwYQifoIoa8Ap9FAx_xdMq6WgocKye401Kt7dBG85Tk-uDjHS_95hOrN2P3DTkw-11zwMbsw1xUQj5DaehMaJcmMBTyxFrnddzqCSqquBTb6BTjhsH4vw_fsTM02OnHrvY1h15Rt0J4vzpQGWNOPt-6OlF42Vh-uTNFI4Bch4zSGVBe-fCKiDEYjVLe0mtcis6CZZ5WP19P8xdTPHR9OJddwe0U1b6QkpRKzSrAK1MyV7YIRFnspNuUmydPK3Kchw_M1huIy4xcaH6nCOgmHTCnq78sA8i6NnzyNzUnbchRs9tk0rjQkDZ1sI8kFi67_VXQDq5m3_lDzuBANMYQQ2aXZh7WIgeDjRUgyVJeabVy_ofOFQegTsRnPD3eboAFc81KCLdguNGP14JSSXsmy4C6sBrFJCKwFxvaPHO4hjC6iG38mKOMjxrTCi_z1Sh0VrU6E-adHpu4PU7anvp1HK-Y6DKc3KjlgMxmgoawyc0hjElVMTqrv6o=w1951-h1463-no

• Like 5

I mean they can attack anyone, but 1 gemmed nichlings are pretty fragile and they can die despite their lifespan. But they only retaliate when they're attacked like the walrus deer and if a 1 gem baby is one of the creatures surrounding them to keep them in place not a good idea. But strategy wise this can be easily avoided especially if mama is still on the nest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renio2490 said:

I didn't look at any references, but this is what I'd imagine a Zebeeste would look like.Zebeeste.NicheCreature.thumb.png.0d0726ed6b2b62b987ed061a57a7bf79.png

I like it, but might want to add wildebeest horns. Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

My take on the Zebeeste. I'm really proud of this! :D I'm better at drawing animals from pictures than I am drawing anything else. Unfortunately I couldn't make it digital or color it in, but it's mostly black and white, anyways. It was bigger than I thought it would be so the horns and tail go off the page a bit. I might have misspelled Zebeeste when I wrote it the first time..

ByRwKcsouT1-QQab1PLwapJRcheQ76Zvg61zgXjOwam_8_saYSWPPpQEPF259GmtUwozxVX6w5UUZ6ifkJ6GujzBXxn0Q6IzjzPS-7TkXSHQ5cdusq_mUp-sIqI_C4-ETgPANJJQm7_2gMFKaBj_b7EDIJAuagde5cS60gbWqcwYQifoIoa8Ap9FAx_xdMq6WgocKye401Kt7dBG85Tk-uDjHS_95hOrN2P3DTkw-11zwMbsw1xUQj5DaehMaJcmMBTyxFrnddzqCSqquBTb6BTjhsH4vw_fsTM02OnHrvY1h15Rt0J4vzpQGWNOPt-6OlF42Vh-uTNFI4Bch4zSGVBe-fCKiDEYjVLe0mtcis6CZZ5WP19P8xdTPHR9OJddwe0U1b6QkpRKzSrAK1MyV7YIRFnspNuUmydPK3Kchw_M1huIy4xcaH6nCOgmHTCnq78sA8i6NnzyNzUnbchRs9tk0rjQkDZ1sI8kFi67_VXQDq5m3_lDzuBANMYQQ2aXZh7WIgeDjRUgyVJeabVy_ofOFQegTsRnPD3eboAFc81KCLdguNGP14JSSXsmy4C6sBrFJCKwFxvaPHO4hjC6iG38mKOMjxrTCi_z1Sh0VrU6E-adHpu4PU7anvp1HK-Y6DKc3KjlgMxmgoawyc0hjElVMTqrv6o=w1951-h1463-no

Is the picture working for everyone else because I can’t see it.

4 hours ago, Pokestardragacraft said:

Is the picture working for everyone else because I can’t see it.

4 hours ago, Renio2490 said:

It's working for me. Trust me it's beautiful and you need to see it.

I want to see 😢

Cool! I had a similar idea for a savannah prey animal but since the savannah biome tends to favour smaller and faster creatures than the mountains, I was going to make a weaker but faster creature. Would the OP be okay if I posted my idea suggestion forum? ☺️

4 hours ago, Skysplash8 said:

Before I was doing it from Google Photos. This time I took a screenshot of the picture from Google Photos.

image.png.5349da3b3b38451c348a36ee6cd0bde7.png

Thanks! I see now! Looks great!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AMEcco said:

Cool! I had a similar idea for a savannah prey animal but since the savannah biome tends to favour smaller and faster creatures than the mountains, I was going to make a weaker but faster creature. Would the OP be okay if I posted my idea suggestion forum? ☺️

Sounds to me like its enough of a difference to go ahead and post that too. I'd just be happy getting anything extra into the savannahs.