Stray Fawn Community

New Challenge Mode - Islands falling apart

Philo

I think it would be cool to add a new game mode that makes things a bit more challenging.
In this game mode the game starts with a tribe of animals (maybe around 5 or so).
Things are peaceful for a short time and then the earth starts shaking.

The island you are living on is slowly falling apart. Your tribe needs to reach the next island exit as fast as possible!
And this is how it keeps being from now on. Every island you enter will fall apart after some time, so run for your lives!
You only have a short amout of time to gather up resources  before heading to a harder island.
This adds an interesting time restriction to the game which makes every single decision more important.

Maybe this could even be a story thing, like Adam's story. With a small intro and an end goal: Reach Paradise Island. An island full of food and where earth quakes can't reach you.

• Like 19

13 replies to this post

Maybe there could be some islandsthat don't dissapear sprinkled around that could let your creatures rest for a second. Some like really tiny islands like the one you get when you travel in the tutorial for the first time.

• Like 2

That sounds awesome and exciting :D. Just wondering what about water body or gills? I mean would the water be like on the burning savannah where you can't swim in it? Or you can swim in it a little (like archipelago) and then after some time and bigger rifts you couldn't anymore (prefer that option)(because otherwhise your whole tribe migth be cut of or just a few members).

• Like 3

Either falling apart or flooding. Maybe one end of the island starts sinking/ flooding first and you have to get to the other side, or there is higher ground on the other side. If there is flooding the rivers would also rise and cause problems. 

A timer could be helpful.? 

• Like 3

Maybe the quake starts by lowering tiles (the lowered tiles would have water) then after 5 or so lower after the water it crumbles?

or maybe it shows cracked ground that will disappear in 3-4 ish days so you have times to get your nichelings over the crack?

With the second idea I think antennae would sense it and show Quake in __ days. It could also highlight cracks when hovered over, or maybe even predict where cracks will be! This would give antennae more importance than in sandbox/story mode

7 minutes ago, Snow53211 said:

This can also go rearlly well with an the volcano island, like maybe the last island befor paradise is the killer volcano island.

Oh yes! I would love a volcano island! There could be lava and creatures would have to run to not get burnt by it! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pebbleheart.the.med.cat said:

Let's just not hope it happens to every island

I think it would, that was the idea of the mode but it would be optional so no fret :)

• Like 1