Stray Fawn Community

Take a question, leave a question.

Lurkily

If you could be anyone from history, who would you be?

Hmm, maybe Nikolas Tesla?

There are other cool people which I admire from different fields, but they are still alive. And I hope they continue doing so for still a few more years :) 

Question: If you would get the chance to leave earth during your lifetime (in form of a save return trip :) ), would you do it?

27 minutes ago, Markus said:

If you would get the chance to leave earth during your lifetime (in form of a save return trip :) ), would you do it?

That really depends on how long it takes. I recently watched Passengers where they travel 120 years so in that case: no. If it would just be a few weeks or a years (max of two or three years) hell yeah!

Q: Who is your favourite actor?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markus said:

Question: If you would get the chance to leave earth during your lifetime (in form of a save return trip :) ), would you do it?

I don't even care if I come back, as long as it's a relatively safe trip, really.  I could spend my life there if they've got some semblance of gravity, for health reasons. (rotation or thrust, whatever.)

Just keep me in books, I'll be fine. 

What would your ideal retreat from the world look like, assuming you were insanely, stupidly wealthy, and no amount of waste could possibly limit your ability to do charitable things? I always thought that I'd like a silent (maglev maybe) train laid out as a living space, with observation decks up top, winding through some beautiful vistas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lurkily said:

What would your ideal retreat from the world look like, assuming you were insanely, stupidly wealthy, and no amount of waste could possibly limit your ability to do charitable things?

I am not quite sure where this place would be, preferably somewhere in the north. It would be a huge horse/ animal sanctuary where the animals could run free and far away from people. A really nice and simple home that really feels like a home or maybe a hobbit hole for me to live in :D

Q: Do you rather shower or take a bath? ( I love long hot baths or cold in summer)

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, Jojo said:

I am not quite sure where this place would be, preferably somewhere in the north. It would be a huge horse/ animal sanctuary where the animals could run free and far away from people. A really nice and simple home that really feels like a home or maybe a hobbit hole for me to live in :D

Q: Do you rather shower or take a bath? ( I love long hot baths or cold in summer)

Hmmmm....Usually shower unless I want to treat myself lol

• Like 2

I also prefer showers. Mostly because I don't have access to one currently, as well as normally they are to small for me to be comfortable. Showers are also perfect for thinking :) 

Question: If you could have a super-power, but it would come with a severe drawback, what would your super-power and drawback be?

(e.g. You are able to fly through the air, but only when you are naked. Disclaimer: This is not my dream super-power, just a spontaneous idea :D 

• Like 3

On 12/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, Markus said:

Question: If you could have a super-power, but it would come with a severe drawback, what would your super-power and drawback be?

My superpower would be the ability to time travel as much as I want, but the drawback would be not being able to return to the present.

I honestly wouldn't mind it. I could prevent the Kennedy or Lincoln assassination, or I could become famous by outright telling everyone I'm a time traveler and possibly ending a World War with a lot less casualties and in a shorter time frame. I could then advance civilization a lot quicker. I wouldn't have to deal with the effects of my actions if I returned to the present, and I could watch the new history I created happen right before my eyes.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 5:54 AM, Markus said:

Hmm. Tough one. I'd love to have the ability to turn into a bird and fly, but then again, I hate being naked.

Oh wait; I got it! The ability to travel the globe at will, even without any mode of transportation! And my drawback would be that I can't enter that country again after I visit it!

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, Markus said:

If you could have a super-power, but it would come with a severe drawback, what would your super-power and drawback be?

This seems like a popular one, so I'll weigh in.  One of my favorite superpowers was from Jumper; the movie was somewhat intriguing, and though I found the books to be too concerned with explaining and exploring the uses and limits of the power rather than telling the story, I did enjoy that the author had so clearly defined the ability, its limits, and extrapolated a number of possibilities.

In short, it's the ability to teleport.  The limitations involved were that you had to have visited the place; have a sensory or emotional impression of the place, how it smelled or made you feel to be there, and that you couldn't escape constraints with it; if you teleported holding something, you either took it with you, or you could dislocate things trying to.  You couldn't move a car by tying yourself to it, but you might break some ribs against the ropes when you tried.  

Thus, you could still be captured and contained.  

The author extrapolated this out into a number of uses; very rapid teleporting between two places to effectively co-locate yourself, and to bridge two places together, and the ability to teleport not only to a place, but into a frame of reference; that is, you could teleport into extremely fast movement, and skip the step of acceleration.

So, next question.  If you could instantaneously develop any (non-supernatural) skill or body of knowledge that you aren't already focused on developing, (so no artists wanting to be artist+,) what would it be?

On 12/11/2018 at 6:31 AM, bostonlobstah said:

what is your zodiac (constellations?)

Capricorn, the Mermaid Goat! (that's what I think it looks like, anyways)

Image result for capricorn

I mean just look at it isn't it majestic (this was the best pic I could find lol)

My Question: What is your favorite thing you got for Christmas? (whether it was from someone else or yourself...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skysplash8 said:

What is your favorite thing you got for Christmas? (whether it was from someone else or yourself...)

My new drawing tablet :D Technically I got it early for myself but it still is the best thing ever!

Q: Have you set yourself goals for 2019?

1 hour ago, Jojo said:

: Have you set yourself goals for 2019?

well i want to get better at art (and maybe start animating a 3- minute long video i want to make, but i want to get really good at art first, so maybe 2020) and want to just get a social life lmao

question: this is kinda stupid compared to all the other philosophical questions, but what is your least favourite gene in Niche? for me its spiky body i just hate it

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, Skysplash8 said:

Capricorn, the Mermaid Goat! (that's what I think it looks like, anyways)

Image result for capricorn

I mean just look at it isn't it majestic (this was the best pic I could find lol)

My Question: What is your favorite thing you got for Christmas? (whether it was from someone else or yourself...)

A mini waffle iron :D

On 12/26/2018 at 10:30 AM, Jojo said:

Q: Have you set yourself goals for 2019?

Nope.  There's no "new year, new me" posts coming to my feed.  I like me more than I like most people.

If you could have any fictional person as a friend or companion of whatever nature, who or what would it be?  (And don't go talking about genies who can grant wishes, this is about whose friendship you would enjoy. )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lurkily said:

If you could have any fictional person as a friend or companion of whatever nature, who or what would it be?

UH there are so many it is painful! I'll go with Steve Rogers or Captain America from the recent MCU mainly because I would certainly enjoy his company in a intelectual way as well (the first that came to my mind were Thor and Loki but both of these are kinda  mixed bag in reality so Steve is the best middle option)

Q: Are you letting of wild fireworks for new year or is it more of a silent celebration where you live?

• Like 1

For us it’s quiet...sort of. Last year we made paper party hats, some of them looking very silly. We watched a movie, played games, and goofed around. In years past we watched the ny ball dropping thing but we didn’t like that tradition very much. And fireworks at home are illegal here. So we just have our own little party :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 9:38 AM, Goggles-kun said:

My zodiac sign is Pisces! It kinda fits because I love water and I’m very introverted.

I'm Pisces too! 

I haven't read the whole thing but my question is, Do you like to have a big group of friends, or a small group of friends?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 7:15 PM, Brokenshock said:

I'm Pisces too! 

I haven't read the whole thing but my question is, Do you like to have a big group of friends, or a small group of friends?

A small group of friends. If it is large...it just doesn't work. 

My question: What is your favorite school lunch?

2 hours ago, Arcsoft said:
On 1/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, Brokenshock said:

I'm Pisces too! 

A small group of friends. If it is large...it just doesn't work. 

My question: What is your favorite school lunch?

Been a while since school, but it was always the pizza boats.

• Like 1