Stray Fawn Community

Temporary ban

wikipedia [he/him]

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

Also dunno, you give a bunch of 12-16 year olds a platform where nothing is censored they’ll probably do some weird stuff lol

well, 12-16 year olds who aren't racist can usually be good people

2 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

I mean like. we got all of the adult alters in wikis system to take care of us so we're chill

so is the thing still up?

2 minutes ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

I mean like. we got all of the adult alters in wikis system to take care of us so we're chill

I don’t know about u so
im going to sit over here 

4 minutes ago, Renio said:

I can’t tell if you guys are very good people or slightly bad people. but either way

I like to wake up every morning and plot war crimes in Bosnia and Herzegovina but my therapist tells me I can’t get a passport

Ok folks.
I checked with 5 other community managers and discussed what should be done in such a situation.
First of all I want to state that I don't find the reported behavior ok in any way. Racism and sexual content are not tolerated in these forums in any way.
But please understand that when you decide to open a Discord or other platform and invite people there, you are not in our forums anymore.
Channels you open are your responsibility. You make the rules, you make sure the rules are kept, you add people, ban people, however you see fit.
I understand that many of you are upset about what happened and that is why we decided to ban Sting-tail drake for 5 days. 
Hopefully this time will help things cool down a bit. After the ban has passed I will reach out to Sting-tail drake and ask them if they agree to stick to the forum rules and if they agree, the ban will be lifted. I hope you can understand this decision. In the end, what we want is for this community to be a safe and welcoming place.

• Like 6

Question, can a banned member still view the forums and like look at different topics? I know they definitely can’t post but I don’t know if they can view stuff and I just wanted to know

1 minute ago, Flower said:

Question, can a banned member still view the forums and like look at different topics? I know they definitely can’t post but I don’t know if they can view stuff and I just wanted to know

sting-tail drake is online right now so yeah but their username is different

3 minutes ago, gamingcookie said:

sting-tail drake is online right now so yeah but their username is different

That I noticed, and it’s why I’m kind of worried (we’ll not worried it just feels weird somehow)

I agree with what you've decided to do but I do want to say that it's probably unsafe and irresponsible to let her carry on posting here if she does persist with the sexual stuff she's said (wiki said that she's said stuff like that in the past but it's been deleted) because she's not even 13 and it would be easy for an adult to take advantage of her,and nobody deserves that no matter how bad they are 

• Paw up 1

Yes, I agree @heyitsgeorgie (she/her).
I will inform her about the danger and advise her to absolutely don't behave this way anywhere.
If anybody writes anything like that, please screenshot! It's a violation of the rules as soon as it's been posted in the forums. Doesn't matter if they delete it later on. 

• Paw up 2

1 hour ago, heyitsgeorgie (she/her) said:

I noticed that im still friends with her on discord and dmed her and. yeah that was her and shes completely serious (I blocked her straight after this btw)

785801577_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.b2871cdcfba281cac82810ce35a42f6a.png

My family works by the exact same definition of "humor". I don't doubt that she just absorbed it without thinking. It's worse with the language barrier, so you would, for example, find those "jokes" way more often in German. But with fewer "outright" disparaging comments against POC. 

It's mildly insane, but there is a philosophy of things that "don't really count". "Don't make you a racist", because they think themselves not to hold racist views. There probably is a barrier in her mind between these sentiments. I still have no idea if that changes anything in the grand scheme of things. People still hold these views (even if partly unacknowledged). And so they define themselves only as a "real racist" when anything is spoken outloud, while we perceive these comments as testing the waters.

• Like 1

More on that, the r-word is pretty bad in English. We have a s-word, referring particularly to spina bifida. It's very common for your regular unpleasant young people to use that instead of "annoying idiot". As a joke. To your friends. 

We had a girl in my old school who prided herself on being "socially aware". While. That might have been her favourite word. You'd think it would have bothered people more than it did. A good part of the world is behind on implications in language. I never managed to explain said implications to her, as she doesn't believe in implications. Just what do you do?

Alex seems to feel remorse, but not much guilt. Which is a step above that, but still...

• Like 1