Stray Fawn Community

Lexapro Journal

Goggles-kun

If you are not aware (none of you are I suspect), I have had an ongoing history of depression and suicidal thoughts/feelings, and as of today (May 29th) I am finally taking antidepressants to combat that. The brand I’m taking is called “Lexapro”, and hopefully it’ll help me in the long run.

This topic thread is to help me keep track of what has happened every day or every other day and such.

If this journal thread is not acceptable by community standards, I will gladly take it down. But I wish to keep it up for now until otherwise told.

please enjoy! And thank you for being such an awesome community!

2B755908-2F63-42D3-9EF4-3A61004D4590.thumb.jpeg.5330c23e3fc6bf9858f962e0a47ae381.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Paw up 3

Lexapro, the Prelude (first day):
I’m... surprised? 

The antidepressants shouldn’t be kicking in for a few weeks, but I believe I’m actually feeling some emotions I haven’t felt in a long time, such as love. (Yes; “hurr durr Alex you have a boyfriend you should feel love at a constant state” depression doesn’t do that in favor of you, sweetheart! But I do still love Golden.) I was even jokingly flirting with one of my good friends today and I actually felt a stroke of love after he threw a compliment back at me. It’s... complicated, but I haven’t felt love and affection in a long time, and I’m so happy about it.

With the good news out of the way, I’ve got some bad news: the side effects. Today in science class I had a pounding headache and I felt very nauseous, so I had to run to the nurse’s office. Those are, apparently, side effects of the antidepressants I’m taking (Lexapro)? Hopefully it won’t happen tomorrow.

—Alex

• Like 5

I didn’t know I would be getting this much support. Thank you so much, guys. I somehow expected this to be something everyone would pass up and not read. I’ll cherish your support, and everything should be looking up from the Prelude entry (unless, god forbid, something bad happens).

Thank you guys so much for the support again *ü*

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

Lexapro, the Prelude (first day):
I’m... surprised? 

The antidepressants shouldn’t be kicking in for a few weeks, but I believe I’m actually feeling some emotions I haven’t felt in a long time, such as love. (Yes; “hurr durr Alex you have a boyfriend you should feel love at a constant state” depression doesn’t do that in favor of you, sweetheart! But I do still love Golden.) I was even jokingly flirting with one of my good friends today and I actually felt a stroke of love after he threw a compliment back at me. It’s... complicated, but I haven’t felt love and affection in a long time, and I’m so happy about it.

With the good news out of the way, I’ve got some bad news: the side effects. Today in science class I had a pounding headache and I felt very nauseous, so I had to run to the nurse’s office. Those are, apparently, side effects of the antidepressants I’m taking (Lexapro)? Hopefully it won’t happen tomorrow.

—Alex

Get well soon Midna!! Lee-Kuku sends you love lol ❤️ I hope they start working and you feel happier soon :)

• Like 2

Hope you feel better goggles and broken ❤️❤️ ❤️ 

Keep us updated please goggles. This isn't a topic I should ever brush over. Sorry about the side effects but I'm so so glad you're feeling better already, and I hope you continue to feel better soon ❤️ ily

• Like 3

Man, I'll have to make something later. Hope you feel better! (also, I never knew. But thanks for telling us.)

lol.jpg.9a9e073f2df2142f03497e0d5a255c4a.jpg

But have my pfp for now!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Thank you guys again so much for all of the support. Hearing these from someone else besides my boy and my family really does speak out to me, and I appreciate every single minute of it. Not sure what I think about the cuddling, though! I still appreciate it nonetheless 

Lexapro, Day One:

I forgot to take my meds! Grr! But I’ll do it tomorrow!

But nonetheless, I thought today was more exuberant than usual. I was more social and I felt like myself from, I dunno, last summer. Most of the first-half of class after lunch consisted of me having fun socializing with some friends I haven’t spoken to in a while. It was oddly refreshing. Not much for today, really, other than “I CAN FEEL X AGAIN DEJA VU”

—Alex

• Like 7

Just now, Goggles-kun said:

Thank you guys again so much for all of the support. Hearing these from someone else besides my boy and my family really does speak out to me, and I appreciate every single minute of it. Not sure what I think about the cuddling, though! I still appreciate it nonetheless 

Lexapro, Day One:

But nonetheless, I thought today was more exuberant than usual. I was more social and I felt like myself from, I dunno, last summer. Most of the first-half of class after lunch consisted of me having fun socializing with some friends I haven’t spoken to in a while. It was oddly refreshing. Not much for today, really, other than “I CAN FEEL X AGAIN DEJA VU”

—Alex

Most of us have said this already but were all really happy that your mood has improved even if its a little bit. If you need any support were all here.

• Like 3
  • Paw up 2

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

Lexapro, Day One:

—Alex

I need to charge my phone...

oh well, I guess Pacific will have to wait...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Goggles-kun said:

Lexapro, Day One:

1. It's good that you can have fun w/out the meds. 

2. My reaction:

image.png.2e0b75dff9747fe95a4e771a684cde16.png

(he's a very optimistic character. So... um yeah.)

• Like 2

Lexapro, Day 3:

This time I did not forget my medication! Yay!

But anyway... uhgggh, I just need to let loose some steam. So in my school, on every May 31st they host this thing called “World Day”. It’s basically where all the classrooms “become” a country of some sorts and students talk about their chosen country. As a geography enthusiast who nuts at the sight of a map, I always look forward to these days, but this year’s World Day sucked. It was super stressful and I mostly felt bored throughout the presentations. Come on, the sixth graders did friggin America! I thought that wasn’t allowed since we live in America and learning about America is apart of the regular school curriculum! I’ve already heard about a good majority of the countries, too. Yeah, a younger person would’ve probably had a blast, but I didn’t. The rest of the day was... fine, though. It wasn’t very productive. But hey, they played Minecraft music after everything! And I love me some calming music—

goddamnit.

I have something else I wish to speak about, but I’ll write it privately because it goes off assumptions. But it bothers me nonetheless!

Thanks for... at least skimming through this entry!

—Goggles

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Goggles-kun said:

Lexapro, Day 3:

This time I did not forget my medication! Yay!

But anyway... uhgggh, I just need to let loose some steam. So in my school, on every May 31st they host this thing called “World Day”. It’s basically where all the classrooms “become” a country of some sorts and students talk about their chosen country. As a geography enthusiast who nuts at the sight of a map, I always look forward to these days, but this year’s World Day sucked. It was super stressful and I mostly felt bored throughout the presentations. Come on, the sixth graders did friggin America! I thought that wasn’t allowed since we live in America and learning about America is apart of the regular school curriculum! I’ve already heard about a good majority of the countries, too. Yeah, a younger person would’ve probably had a blast, but I didn’t. The rest of the day was... fine, though. It wasn’t very productive. But hey, they played Minecraft music after everything! And I love me some calming music—

goddamnit.

I have something else I wish to speak about, but I’ll write it privately because it goes off assumptions. But it bothers me nonetheless!

Thanks for... at least skimming through this entry!

—Goggles

Take some Undertale Acapella. It's all I ever listen to

• Like 3