Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community
bostonlobstah

You know you play too much Niche when...

Recommended Posts

When you look at a human couple and subconsciously wonder if their immunity genes match up

 

ok your turn!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked at my cats and wondered if those are big ears or not. 

Because pure dichotomies exist on the matter. Totally.

What should you put in your mutation slots? 

I can't unsee the cracker jaw on a certain person I know.

You hate this even more than you might have used to. Lies. All lies!

444582969_images(1).png.87525fcedb2a5799163555eae31dba2c.png

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alyssa1864 said:

You know you play Niche to much when one of your safes has 24 hours on it.

Pfff, those are rookie numbers! You've got to pump those numbers up! ^^ (my longest safe file is nearing 70 hours... no I am not obsessed *cough cough* XD )

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alyssa1864 said:

You know you play Niche to much when one of your safes has 24 hours on it.

image.png.d8b8264e97fa6d3059a09ce2d1007c29.png

Fight me

I don't even play Niche anymore, so I had to quickly go into the game and screenshot my hours...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to leave my game open overnight (or longer) when I'm not playing, so I have a ton of hours on pretty much all my saves. xD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SumnerShadow said:

ha.png.eeb83d351606606e30bb907b1744458f.pnghaHAha.png.a80596abd04bbc231cc0ce2a8ac30ec5.png

haHAha ha

By his noodly appendage! I am a total noob compared with those hours...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

image.png.d8b8264e97fa6d3059a09ce2d1007c29.png

Fight me

I don't even play Niche anymore, so I had to quickly go into the game and screenshot my hours...

oh god-

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jojo said:

Pfff, those are rookie numbers! You've got to pump those numbers up! ^^ (my longest safe file is nearing 70 hours... no I am not obsessed *cough cough* XD )

oH GoD

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SumnerShadow said:

ha.png.eeb83d351606606e30bb907b1744458f.pnghaHAha.png.a80596abd04bbc231cc0ce2a8ac30ec5.png

haHAha ha

WHOA!! I only have around 60 hours in total--my longest game has been around 25 hours. 

Also, what Island is that!! Did you clear all the grass?

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bostonlobstah said:

WHOA!! I only have around 60 hours in total--my longest game has been around 25 hours. 

Also, what Island is that!! Did you clear all the grass?

It's the Home Island, and yes, I cleared all the grass

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SumnerShadow said:

ha.png.eeb83d351606606e30bb907b1744458f.pnghaHAha.png.a80596abd04bbc231cc0ce2a8ac30ec5.png

haHAha ha

FBI barges through the door

”ALRIGHT, SUMNER. YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH NICHE AND YOU HAVEN’T PAYED HOME RENT FOR ELEVEN WEEKS NOW. SURRENDER YOUR COMPUTER NOW OR ELSE WE’RE STEALING YOUR ANKLES”

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SumnerShadow said:

ha.png.eeb83d351606606e30bb907b1744458f.pnghaHAha.png.a80596abd04bbc231cc0ce2a8ac30ec5.png

haHAha ha

my god why do- how much food do you have in that?! e.e

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

FBI barges through the door

”ALRIGHT, SUMNER. YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH NICHE AND YOU HAVEN’T PAYED HOME RENT FOR ELEVEN WEEKS NOW. SURRENDER YOUR COMPUTER NOW OR ELSE WE’RE STEALING YOUR ANKLES”

No

2 hours ago, alyssa1864 said:

my god why do- how much food do you have in that?! e.e

 

3847, would've had much more if half of the time playing them wasn't spent in the snow biomes,, (The most food I've had in any of my tribes [that wasn't from the console] was roughly 7000, on a wolf pack tribe back in the snow update, because I just camped on a grassland island filled with berry bushes)

They also have 1053 nesting material and 24 creatures (Most they've ever had was 44 members, back when I actually let wanderers into the tribe,,)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SumnerShadow said:

No

3847, would've had much more if half of the time playing them wasn't spent in the snow biomes,, (The most food I've had in any of my tribes [that wasn't from the console] was roughly 7000, on a wolf pack tribe back in the snow update, because I just camped on a grassland island filled with berry bushes)

They also have 1053 nesting material and 24 creatures (Most they've ever had was 44 members, back when I actually let wanderers into the tribe,,)

-faints-

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alyssa1864 said:

-faints-

 

Sorry I forgot to mention they also have every single gene unlocked in the mutation menu and got me probably 90% of all my achievements :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SumnerShadow said:

Sorry I forgot to mention they also have every single gene unlocked in the mutation menu and got me probably 90% of all my achievements :)

-fAiNtS eVeN hArDeR-

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 12:57 PM, SumnerShadow said:

No

3847, would've had much more if half of the time playing them wasn't spent in the snow biomes,, (The most food I've had in any of my tribes [that wasn't from the console] was roughly 7000, on a wolf pack tribe back in the snow update, because I just camped on a grassland island filled with berry bushes)

They also have 1053 nesting material and 24 creatures (Most they've ever had was 44 members, back when I actually let wanderers into the tribe,,)

How do you keep your tribe size under 50 members ;-;

I have been trying to downsize my birds tribe, mainly by releasing all the useless elders

but they all drown themselves :(162952120_Screenshot(862).thumb.png.259a718ee3a4375a8aa54428fe18c844.png

Come on, Lemoni, you don't have to do this!! 😧

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bostonlobstah said:

How do you keep your tribe size under 50 members ;-;

I have been trying to downsize my birds tribe, mainly by releasing all the useless elders

but they all drown themselves :(162952120_Screenshot(862).thumb.png.259a718ee3a4375a8aa54428fe18c844.png

Come on, Lemoni, you don't have to do this!! 😧

 

-- Mark children with the right immunities to a mate at birth. This way parents do not have more or less children than required. 

-- You only need 4 immunity genes. 5 is good, 6 can sometimes be a hassle.

-- don't have more than two main breeding pairs. Give them a maximum of three kits each (not counting twins) unless a immunity isn't being passed down properly. 

-- wait until creatures are a bit older before they have children. 

-- In certain biomes under particular bad luck, immunities might be spread through a tribe with no matches. Pick sickness over a too high population.

-- No rogue children. For story purposes, non-required wanderers or other lovebirds only have one child two days before their death.

If one child is born for every two deaths, tribe size can be gently decreased.

Most importanly, try a whims of fate challenge with a maximum of 10 and a minimum of 2 creatures. Strategies learned in that are the best teachers, if you want to try the playstyle. 

Personally, anything over 15 nichelings gets a bit tedious long term. So I aim for 10 if possible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×