Stray Fawn Community

Next update?

jaxpsylla

When is the next update set to come out? Is there gonna be a test branch for it? If so, when will that come out? Im really excited about the new update you have no idea......

Also! Question about the whole extending a nicheling's life - does it only affect tribe members? Or wanderers you find as well? Imagine running into a rogue male that lives for like, 60 days lmao.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure it's during late February that this update is going to be released but I don't think there's an exact time? Just around that time vicinity. Unsure about the test branch tho

I think the Nicheling life span affects every Nicheling, including wanderers, because if it didn't, say you'd find a wanderer you actually like with good genes. Imagine them only living for 20 days and then your creatures living for 60 ;o;
And for the rouge male thing, I'm sure there will be an option to alter that and make it so they don't live that long

EDIT: 

Here's a link to the Development WIP where you can keep track of updates and their releases

• Like 2

philo said: Currently aiming for putting a first version on the perview branch in February.

and in a later reply: It think it will be the last February week ^^

the answers are in the development WIP pages Nr. 4 and 5, if you want to verify.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Snowy Owl said:

philo said: Currently aiming for putting a first version on the perview branch in February.

and in a later reply: It think it will be the last February week ^^

the answers are in the development WIP pages Nr. 4 and 5, if you want to verify.

So around the 24th-28th?

I am just sooooo excited for the update!!! (I really should get my essays done before it comes out ^^)

Also I think between the 21-28 or even on the 28th are probably it. Sometimes they release it late at night as well (like their time late at night)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Snowy Owl said:

If what philo said still stands, yes. But remember they live in Switzerland and as far as I know in Europe we use the monday to sunday weeks.

In America, I’m not so sure. I hear some people say Sunday is the first day of the week? Others say Monday? Dunno. Though I did hear that apparently Canadians consider Monday the first day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goggles-kun said:

In America, I’m not so sure. I hear some people say Sunday is the first day of the week? Others say Monday? Dunno. Though I did hear that apparently Canadians consider Monday the first day.

Well in Germany a new week starts with Monday, though it can be confusing when talking on sunday about the next week ^^

This is so weird. I mean you are in general aware of cultural differences but there are some small things you'd never think about were different in other countries. It seems so strange to me to start the week on sunday, it makes no sense. I mean work starts on monday, school starts on monday, stores open on monday. All of these things don't happen on sundays, why start the week on a sunday? (I get that it is a cultural difference and stuff but I just wonder :) ).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Aetherskye said:

Sunday is the last day cause god stopped and took a rest on that day. At least according to christians

I was thinking that too... but God stopped on the seventh day, which would make more sense if Sunday was the last day of the week...

Here's some stuff I found:

As the first day of the week varies in different cultures, so does the weekend. The Christian or Western world marks Sunday as their day of rest and worship, while Muslims refer to Friday as their day of rest and prayer. The Jewish calendar counts Saturday – the Sabbath – as the day of rest and worship.

As with so many things passed down to us from antiquity, religion is the reason the calendar week starts (for many of us) on Sunday. The first day of the week (for most), Sunday has been set aside as the "day of the sun" since ancient Egyptian times in honor of the sun-god, beginning with Ra.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aetherskye said:

So basically its whatever religion you are apart of...

Or the biggest religion in your region/ country meaning the religion that has the official holidays set and stuff (at least it is that way in Germany)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...